At Kensing, our goal is to deliver peace of mind to our customers and help them deliver better products, day after day. That’s why we continue to invest in the industry’s purest ingredients from natural feedstocks. It’s why we embrace sustainability and digitization of our assets. Are driven to innovate. And are committed to leading the world in safety. We combine proven expertise and agility with a contagious passion to make our products, your products and the world around us a better place.
As a Laboratory Technician for Kensing, you will be an invaluable part of the site quality group and a member of our unionized work force.
The Chemical Plant Lab Technician will provide quality control and assurance testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products, in a safe manner, for Kensing within the scope of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System, RCMS Management System in compliance with all certification requirements (ie FSSC). They will also evaluate data using appropriate software to ensure the results meet internal and external specifications. Notify management when testing results do not meet required specifications. Support the continuous improvement of lab and plant processes through QA/QC activities to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
In addition, the following activities will be performed:
Testing & sampling
- Calibrate instruments and standardize solutions according to documented procedures and complete required records.
- Prepare standards and solutions needed to maintain calibration of instruments.
- Complete routine sample analysis following documented methods and communicating with Operators and Shift Supervisors about the quality of material
- Maintain chemical standards documentation and ensure re-certification is completed and documented as needed.
- Participate in laboratory housekeeping and safety inspections
- Assist analytical chemists with analysis of samples and method development as needed.
- Prioritizing and managing sample testing.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Reporting atypical sample or equipment behavior to supervisor.
- Additional duties which a Laboratory Technician may carry out include routine chemical reactions or bench-scale tests of plant processes; sample collection in the plant; environmental monitoring; or plant analytical instrumentation maintenance/calibration.
- Assist with lab supply management including restocking lab supplies
- Utilizing equipment and data software programs.
- Create SPC charts
- Analyze, interpret SPC charts
- Enter in-process data in LIMS.
- Processing and releasing shipments.
- Evaluating raw material COAs versus approved specifications to authorize material into plant using SAP.
- Assist with writing or revising work instructions.
- Auditing quality documents.
- Document non-conformances.
- Generate COAs and review for accuracy.
- Optimize existing procedures
- Manage archival of Quality Documents
- ISO/RCMS internal auditor.
- Implement QA CAPAs
- Trainer for testing, data entry and processing paperwork.
- Participate and make recommendations in safety meetings.
- Maintaining housekeeping.
- Preparation / labeling of samples for shipment.
- Ensure compliance with all assigned training.
- Perform assigned duties as outlined by supervisor, management or designee.
- Associates degree in Sciences or 2 year Technical degree in Analytical Testing or relevant experience. In lieu of degree, 5+ years’ experience working in a QC production lab environment supporting manufacturing demonstrating skills outlined in principle responsibilities section, preferable in positions of increasing responsibility.
- 3+ years working in a lab environment.
- Developed understanding of general chemistry and laboratory safety.
- Developed understanding of the techniques of quality assurance and quality control.
- Developed understanding of math and statistics.
- Developed computer skills using software packages such as Microsoft Office, SAP.
- Well-developed analytical methodology and an insight into troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Detail oriented with the ability to record and report pertinent data.
- Support & participate in the Kensing Process Safety Program (i.e. Zero Incident Mindset, complete training, report all incidents, participate in investigations etc.).
- Must be able to achieve a passing score on a pre-placement aptitude test.
- Must be able to follow both written procedures and verbal instructions.
We are committed to developing products and solutions that help lead us toward a better and more sustainable future, a world where economic growth and environmental protection go hand-in-hand. It’s why we invest in renewable resources. It’s why sustainable sourcing is at the core of what we do.
Kensing is driven to improving the quality of life of every one of our team members, and every one of our customers and their consumers. Our long-term global goals for the environment, safety, employees and society drive us. At Kensing, we bring the same passion for our products into improving the world around us.
Kensing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.