Job Summary –
The Human Resources Manager will be accountable for providing the full range of Human Resources support for the manufacturing facility which includes the corporate headquarters and is responsible for the development and administration of the employee relations program, affirmative action program, talent management, organization development and employee engagement. This position interfaces with employees, government agencies and educational institutions. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the day-to-day HR management activities at the site including: Employee Relations, Benefits, Recruiting, Policy Interpretation & Implementation, Employee Engagement and Talent & Performance Management.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for onboarding and orientation of the workforce, workforce analysis, employee relations, EEOC, and other workplace investigations in a manufacturing plant setting. The Human Resources Manager will also be responsible for administration of the local collective bargaining agreements, grievance handling, organization development and talent management. This role could be full time on site or hybrid.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent degree is preferred. SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in human resources with experience in manufacturing/industrial organizations including union dealings is required.
- Knowledge of World Class Manufacturing methodologies — specifically People & Organization Development
- Demonstrated ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including union relations, participating in union and department level discussions, resolving complaints, and counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and other site issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and engagement, internally and externally.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. state and federal laws and governmental compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management including union, hourly employees, staff associates and leadership.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Highly developed proficiency in the following competencies must be evident and demonstrated:
- Change transition
- Influencing / Impact
- Conflict Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Interpersonal Communication & Understanding
- Interpret and ensure compliance and administration of employment laws and policies such as FLSA, FMLA, EEO, NLRA, Workers Compensation etc.
- Administer the equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to managers for issue resolution and improved employee performance.
- Coordinate and manage the performance management process, ensuring clear communication, compliance, and consistency and ensure performance review evaluations are administered fairly and effectively as per company guidelines.
- Work closely with union and department representatives to resolve issues and attend meetings, as required.
- Evaluate employee relations and work-related issues and help develop appropriate solutions within the framework of Kensing policy and procedures and ensure that management is aware of and proactively responds to employee engagement issues.
Benefit & Payroll Administration
- Support, and maintain all compensation and benefit processes and programs at the site level.
- Ensure the development of job descriptions, job analysis and salary surveys, as required.
- Coordinate the process to ensure all employee issues and concerns are handled on time, amicably.
Recruitment & Selection
- Manage the recruitment process to ensure positions are filled on a timely basis with highly qualified diverse candidates based on established KPIs.
- Manage the cycle of recruitment and coordinate the process with hiring managers.
- Manage the on-boarding process and training for all new employees.
- Review and optimize organization structure and roles.
- Coordinate employee development and succession planning activities ensuring appropriate plans are in place.
- Enable cross developmental opportunities for employees and training.
- Anticipate workforce planning issues and help develop workforce strategies.
- Drive employee engagement strategies.
The position reports to CHRO, Kensing LLC.